Friday 5 October 2018

Statement Of Intent


My aim is to create a front cover and a double page spread article for an entertainment music magazine aimed at audience of 14-19 year olds. The magazine I will be producing will be for people who are interested in pop music and appreciate the artist even more, this is because when I did the audience research realised that most my target audience prefer to listen to this genre, they’re very passionate for pop music. 
The name for my music magazine will be called ‘Making Music’ the reason for this is because my magazine focuses on new and upcoming artists, that need to be recognised by the public. My magazine will include artist such as Zedd, P¡nk, Ne-yo, Khalid, etc. This was very hard to think of as many of the names I wanted was taken, or it didn’t fit in with the genre.

The main image on the front cover will be a mid-shot of the model; this is because I want the readers to look at what she’s wearing but also her facial expression, as that is major, it’s important to have an angle of gaze. The facial expression would be fun as that is what is seen in a pop magazine. I want my model to be wearing casual clothes as I want the audience to be focusing on her face more. There will be other images inside the double page spread so the views can know who she is; it will enrich their understanding of the artist. I have decided that for the double page spread I will do a question and answer with the artist, so the readers can have a great idea of who this mysterious artist is. There will be 3-4 picture in the double page spread, one main one which will go across half the page and the rest will be long shot of the model, doing what she loves the most. The double page spread will be well written about the artists’ mysterious life, the audience will then have a greater understanding of who she is.  I want my magazine to stand out and scream the name ‘pop’, for that i will use vibrant colours such as yellow, pink etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment